- For the batter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large piece of Smoked Haddock, skinned and cut into 4 strips (We can do that for you)
- Oil for frying
- Firstly you’re going to need a heavy bottomed skillet or a wok or a pan that you get hot with around an inch of oil in.
- Put your oil into your chosen pan and heat test with a small piece of bread, if it sizzle straight away when its dropped in its ready.
- Mix up the tempura in a bowl and dip the haddock into it making sure it has a good coating.
- Then lay the fish into the oil and cook for around 2 and a half minutes on either side.
- Once its golden and crispy drain and serve with your choice of side.