Ingredients <serves 4>
- 2 fillets smoked haddock cut in half
- Milk enough to cover the haddock in a shallow pan
- Liberal splash of double cream
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Tenderstem broccoli (or green veg of your choice to serve)
- Put the haddock into a frying pan or skillet and pour in the milk until just covered.
- At the same time put your broccoli on to steam.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until the fish cooked, once cooked remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Reduce the milk by about half and then the cream and reduce again.
- Once the liquid has reduced add the mustard and stir well, leave to simmer for a little while and once the sauce is slightly thicker you’re ready to serve.
- Place the broccoli on the plate with the smoked haddock on top and smother in the mustard sauce, serve and enjoy!