Here’s a lovely little recipe that you can stick in your oven and forget about. Not only is it easy to make its looks and tastes impressive as well!
Ingredients <Serves 2>
- 2 Plaice fillets, Skinned and Cut in half lengthways
- Tomatoes sliced so they cover the bottom of your oven dish
- Wild rocket
- 2 slices bread (we used a seeded brown loaf)
- Splash of cream
- Grated cheddar
- Start off by heating your oven then, put a decent layer of rocket in the bottom of your oven dish.
- For the breadcrumbs put your bread and a handful of the rocket into a blender and blitz them until the rocket and the bread have turn into crumbs.
- Remove the breadcrumbs from the blender and in a bowl mix in the grated cheese and season well.
- Cover the rocket in the sliced tomatoes, season well and pour over the cream.
- Roll your plaice fillets from the thicker end and put them on top of the tomatoes.
- Finally cover the entire dish in the breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe adapted and Photo from ‘Fish Dishes’ Star Fire 2010