- 2 Skinless Fillets of Dab cut in half down the centre line
- 4 tsp Smoked Salmon Pate
- 1 egg beaten
- Oil for frying
- Cling film
- Between two sheets of cling film gently roll out the fillets, until they are roughtly double their original size.
- Into the centre of each fillet place a teaspoon full of the smoked salmon pate and fold the fillet over itself.
- Gently press around the outside of the filling so that there are no gaps and trim the fish parcel so you have a pointed end.
- Next, gently dust the fillets the flour, then dunk them in the egg wash and finally cover in bread crumbs ensuring there are no gaps otherwise the filling will seep out during cooking.
- Next, either heat about an inch of oil in a heavy bottomed pan and fry the fish parcels until the breadcrumbs are a rich golden brown coulour, or if you have a deep fryer, deep fry fish parcels for around 3 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are nicely golden brown.
- Serve with a leafy salad and a slice of lemon.
Leave a Reply