- 1 large Dover sole , approx 800g
- 4 tbsp clarified butter (melt 100g butter then pour off the clear liquid leaving the solids behind)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 lemon , segmented
- 2 tsp curly parsley , chopped
- Skin and scale the sole following the step by step guide. Season the skinned side with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan, add the clarified butter followed by the sole, skinned-side down. Let the sole form a golden crust rather than move it around. After 3-4 minutes, once the crust is golden, turn it over and put it, pan and all, into a hot oven for a further 8-10 minutes until just cooked through. Remove the pan from the oven, being careful to protect your hands with oven gloves.
- Heat another pan and add the unsalted butter. Cook until the butter turns a nutty brown then add the lemon segments and parsley to the pan. Stir then spoon this over the fish and serve with buttered potatoes.
Source: http://bit.ly/14DWSO3 BBC Good Food