- 50ml soy sauce
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 4 tuna steaks
- 4 bunches of pak choi, halved
- 2 lime, halved
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds , toasted
- Put the soy sauce and brown sugar in a small saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the garlic and sesame oil, remove from the heat and cool. Cover the tuna steaks with the marinade and leave for 1 hour.
- Barbecue/ dry fry the tuna steaks for 1 minute each side for rare, 2 for medium, basting constantly with the marinade, until charred and sticky on the outside.
- Barbecue/ dry fry the pak choi halves cut-side down for 2 minutes. Put in a bowl and squeeze over lime juice and a little oil and scatter with spring onions and sesame seeds. Serve with the tuna.