This smoked mackerel pate is just the thing. It takes around 15 minutes to prepare and can be stored in the fridge until you need it, what could be simpler?
- 250g smoked mackerel , skin and bones removed, flaked
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 1-2 tbsp creamed horseradish , to taste (or mayonnaise)
- parsley and chives chopped to make 2 tbsp each
- Melba toast or slices of toasted brioche to serve
- Put the smoked mackerel, cheese, lemon juice and zest in a food processor and whizz until blended.
- Stir in the herbs and horseradish. Chill until ready to serve.