Plaice with Chorizo and Cream Cheese
This recipe takes literally no time at all and is perfect for a busy evening when spare time is at a premium.
- 3 Plaice Fillets
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 good handfuls of fresh spinach
- A fingers length chorizo chopped
- Half an onion diced
- 1 sweet potato
- Peel the sweet potato, chop it up and then season and drizzle with some oil and roast in the oven
- Once the sweet potato is nearly ready on to an oiled and seasoned grill pan put the plaice fillets skin side down, grill until the flesh turns opaque. Then flip them over and acrisp up the skin. Once they are cooked leave them in the grill to keep warm
- Next, in a pan lightly fry the onion in a little oil and add the chorizo, be sure to keep it on a low heat to release the oils from the chorizo, as this will enhance the flavour
- Add the spinach into the pan and let it wilt, once you’ve done that, add the cream cheese and give it a stir
- Serve the cheese and chorizo mixture on top of the plaice and enjoy!