Boiled Egg with Salmon Fingers
- 8 eggs, soft boiled
- 6 slices dense bread such as sourdough, Turkish or brioche
- 1 tbsp butter
- 300g smoked salmon, cut into 2cm long strips
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Boil for 6 minutes then drain and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cut the bread into long strips and arrange on a grill rack. Cook for 1–2 minutes until toasted then spread with a little butter.
- Wrap strips of salmon around the lengths of the toast. Place the boiled eggs into egg cups, carefully slice off the tops and serve with salmon ‘fingers’ to dip.