Here are some handy instructions on how to cook our deliciously fresh Live Lobsters!
- In order to boil your lobster, you will need a large pot with a lid.
- Pour enough water in the pot to cover the lobster completely.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sea salt for every 2 litres (4 pints) of water.
- Bring the water to a fierce boil.
- Grasp the live lobster behind the claws and drop it headfirst into the boiling water.
- Cover the pot and once the water has started to boil again, start timing.
- Boil the lobster for 10 minutes for the first lb of weight and then 3 more minutes for each extra pound. A two lb lobster will be done in 13 minutes, a 3 lb lobster in 16 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the lobster immediately and serve hot.
Leave a Reply