- 4 skinned fillets Plaice
- 4 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Zest of a lemon
- 1 Cup rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
For the Goujons
- In a food processor blend the bread until breadcrumbs are formed
- Then, place the bread crumbs in an oven proof dish and bake in the oven until they are golden in colour
- Once the breadcrumbs have been cooked, return them to the food processor and give them another blitz.
- Tip the breadcrumbs into the oven dish, season liberally then add the parsley and the zest fo the lemon.
- Cut each of the fillets of plaice into four then, dip into the flour then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Finally once all of the plaice has been breaded heat the oil in a heavy based pan or wok and fry the goujons until they are a golden brown colour
- Leave them to drain on some kitchen paper and then serve
For the Rice
- Into the chicken stock, add the curry powder and turmeric and give it a good stir.
- Put the rice and chicken stock into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and then simmer for ten minutes. After ten minutes take off the heat and leave until needed, don’t remove the lid, once ready to serve fluff the rice with a fork.
Leave a Reply