- 4 skinned fillets Plaice
- 4 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Zest of a lemon
- In a food processor blend the bread until breadcrumbs are formed
- Then, place the bread crumbs in an oven proof dish and bake in the oven until they are golden in colour
- Once the breadcrumbs have been cooked, return them to the food processor and give them another blitz.
- Tip the breadcrumbs into the oven dish, season liberally then add the parsley and the zest fo the lemon.
- Cut each of the fillets of plaice into four then, dip into the flour then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Finally once all of the plaice has been breaded heat the oil in a heavy based pan or wok and fry the goujons until they are a golden brown colour
- Leave them to drain on some kitchen paper and then serve