Roast Coley with Pancetta on Puff Pastry
- 1 x 500g pack puff pastry
- 400g Coley cut into 4 pieces
- 1 orange juiced & rind plus 4 slices of orange
- 8 pancetta or bacon
- 40g watercress stalks removed
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220ºC ( 200ºC fan assisted) 425ºF/Gas M7
- Place fish in a shallow dish with orange juice and rind and allow to marinade for 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Divide the pastry block into 4 equal pieces and roll each one into a rectangle approx. 17.5 x20cm ( 7 x4”), lay on a lined baking sheet.
- Wrap each fish piece in two slices of pancetta, place some watercress down centre of each of the four pastry pieces ( save any left over for garnish), then top with a piece of pancetta wrapped fish. Make sure that you leave a border all round fish and brush this with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 -18 minutes until pastry is risen and golden and the fish is cooked. Serve with remaining watercress leaves as garnish.