Roast coley with a lemon, garlic and parsley crust
- 675g/1lb 8oz coley fillet, 3cm/1¼in thick
- 85g/3oz white breadcrumbs, soft or slightly stale
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- finely grated zest ½ lemon
- 60g/2¼oz butter, melted
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Season the coley with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper, then add butter and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly with your fingers.
- Place the coley in a shallow, ovenproof dish and press the buttered crumbs firmly onto the cod to form an even crust. Bake at 220C/425F/Gas 7 for 20-25 minutes until the crust is browned and the fish just cooked through. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply