Continuing our week of championing the under loved Coley we have this delightful recipe for you Roasted Coley with Bacon & Potato Rostis, Serves 4 and takes around 20 minutes to cook. The Coley or Coalfish is a fish you will love! This recipe is great as a light dinner during the week, or for a different take on brunch on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning.
- 4x Coley Fillets (170-200g)
- Flour for Dusting
- Oil for frying
- 2-3 large Potatoes
- 4x Streaky bacon Rashers, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Season the flour liberally and dust the Coley fillets until they are covered all over
- Par boil your potatoes and grate them and mix with the bacon into patties or burger shapes .
- Heat up a pan with the oil (its best to use a wok or a deep skillet as it reduces splashing and you can use less oil for a better result)
- Pre-heat your oven to a medium heat and then fry off the Coley for around 3 minutes and then transfer to a baking sheet and cook for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
- Whilst the Coley is in the oven, fry off your rostis in the oil use for the fish.