Salmon En Croute
- ½ a 375g ready rolled puff pastry
- 2×200 g salmon fillets, look for Freedom Food labelled
- 4-5 tbsp double cream
- 75 g cream cheese
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut out two oblong shapes that are slightly bigger than your chosen pieces of salmon.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet and score gently using the tip of a sharp knife. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 6 -8 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Set aside.
- Put the cream, cream cheese in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat. Add the lemon juice and pesto sauce and beat until smooth.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 6-10 minutes.
place the salmon on a plate, pour the sauce over the salmon and top each one with an oblong of cooked pastry.
- Serve with potatoes and