A treat for you tastebuds with this fiery Sprat Recipe
- potato or rice flour, for dusting
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- olive oil, for greasing
- 500 g sprats, heads removed
- rocket, to serve
- lemon wedges, to garnish
For the devilled sauce
1. For the devilled sauce: in a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients, adding a pinch of smoked paprika to begin, then adding more if necessary. Heat gently just to warm through, adjusting any ingredients to your liking. Keep warm until ready to serve.
2. Mix together a small handful of the flour and season with the cayenne and a good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Pre-heat the grill and grease a baking tray with olive oil.
4. Dip the sprats into the seasoned flour, coating them entirely. Shake off any excess from each sprat and set aside on the baking tray whilst you finish the rest.
5. Grill the sprats for 2-3 minutes, shaking the tray half way through to prevent them from sticking.
6. To serve, put a pile of rocket leaves on each plate top with the grilled sprats, drizzle with the devilled sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.Source(s): http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/643569
Leave a Reply