1 gutted and scaled grey mullet
2 – 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
olive oil for brushing
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash and dry the mullet. Slash the fish with a sharp knife three or four times on both sides.
2. Fill the fish with rosemary and garlic and put any leftover rosemary and garlic inside the slashes on the fish skin.
3. Brush olive oil inside and all over the fish and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Cook the fish under a medium grill for about 10 minutes on each side or until the eyes of the fish turn white and the point of a knife can easily be pushed into the centre of the fish with no resistance.
5. Serve immediately with a green salad and saute potatoes.
Leave a Reply