Herb Crusted Scallops
– 8 hand-dived scallops, trimmed and cleaned (keep four half shells)
– 2 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped
– 150g butter
– Handful parsley, chopped
– 1 red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
– Glass white wine
– Olive oil
– 100g breadcrumbs
– Heat the oven to 250C Combine the butter, garlic and chilli in a bowl Place two scallops in each half shell.
– Add to each shell a splash of white wine, sprinkle with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil Cover scallops with breadcrumbs and add a knob of the butter.
– Bake in the oven for around 8 minutes until breadcrumbs turn golden brown.