Smoked Haddock & Leek Risotto
- small knob of butter
- 1 large leek , thinly sliced
- 300.0g risotto rice , such as arborio or carnaroli
- 700.0ml fish or vegetable stock
- 250.0ml full-fat milk
- 375.0g undyed smoked haddock , skinned and cut into large chunks
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 100.0g baby spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the butter in a large ovenproof dish over a medium heat. Cook the leek for 4-5 mins, stirring regularly, until just tender. Add the rice and stir for a further 2 mins.
- Add the stock and milk, bring to the boil and bubble for 5 mins before sitting the haddock on top. Cover with a lid or foil and bake in the oven for 18 mins until the rice is tender.
- Fold in the crème fraîche and spinach, season with plenty of black pepper, then cover the pan again and leave to rest out of the oven for 3 mins before serving – the steam will soften the spinach.
Leave a Reply